6.26.2009

Dogs Day Off

I guess the plumber accidentally let them out the gate yesterday morning. There's no other explanation. Spouse & I walked and drove around in the gawdawful Texas heat and dust, calling for the dogs. No response. Bandit's vet appointment that afternoon had to be canceled. Nothing left to do but leave the gates open in case the little ingrates made their way back home, and ready the printer for a dozen "Missing Dog" posters.

They finally came back in the late afternoon, looking worn out from head to toe. You gotta click on the pics to see their miserable expressions, sprawled out under the shade oaks and water misting hoses. Yep, I'm enjoying some good old-fashioned schadenfreude right now. Rotten dogs!

[Don't mind my grousing - I'm quite thankful they came home. No buckshot to remove or skunk spray to wash out. Just a little heat exhaustion, from the looks of it. 106°F yesterday!]

5 comments:

  1. Too funny...poor dogs! Last eve. one of my chickens tried to attack me! I jerked my bad arm up insenctivly to protect my face and he/she raked my arm a little..not bad. I think it was a rooster, but not sure as it was getting dark. Bad, bad boy. The Red rooster is really freindly to the point of being a pest at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous (MEB?) - Glad you weren't seriously harmed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bueller? Bueller?

    I hope they had fun playing hooky -- mine usually won't go out, let alone get lost, when it's really hot. Not sure if that is good or bad, on some days. :) Glad they came back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad they found their way back, without any run-ins with animal or vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @S_Vandemore, Hill Country Hippie: something was looking out for those dogs, that's for sure. There's no other water around, due to the drought, for miles. Hoping this taught them a lesson... nah, probably not.

    ReplyDelete

Of Mice and Various Snakes and new Duck Feed Station

As mentioned in the previous post, our region is experiencing a near-Biblical plague of mice. "It's due to all the moisture we had...