10.19.2011

Two Shelters, One Day

The winds can blow pretty hard up here in the Hill Country:




Both of these shelters - the first pic is the shade structure, the second, a temporary shed - were trashed in one single cold-front moving into the area yesterday. The shade structure got blown so hard it pulled metal fencing stakes - to which the shelter was anchored - right up out of the ground. I was able to put the shelter back together, but it took some duct tape on the pole joinings to keep the poles from twisting about. I'll have to drill holes through the joints and thread bolts through them if I want to continue using this structure for any length of time.

The temporary shed's roof split its entire length. Don't think duct tape is gonna fix that one! I had already purchased a big tarp to go over the shed to act as a secondary roof, as I'd seen some of the edges getting worn. Guess I'll be putting that tarp up sooner than anticipated...

[The entirety of my day was pretty much like those structures - twisty and blown about. Hope a good night's sleep will reboot Wednesday into a much better day.]

3 comments:

  1. Aww sorry sweets. Looks like a helluva mess. I hope it cleans up well. ( wouldn't it be nice if it'd clean itself up?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! What a day. Glad you weren't hurt, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Haven't had to go through that for a while, now. But I know how it feels. I hope the situation gets much better - much easier - much sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Of Mice and Various Snakes and new Duck Feed Station

As mentioned in the previous post, our region is experiencing a near-Biblical plague of mice. "It's due to all the moisture we had...