8.07.2010

I Am Well Trained

Dreaming: a chiropractor is giving me an adjustment. His technique is a bit strange, as he's...

*grunt-grunt*

...making this weird toning sound. The adjustment is working, however, and...

*grunt-grunt*

...the sounds are buzzing louder as he finalizes this particular adjustment, then he...

*GRUNT-GRUNT*!!

My eyes fly open. At the edge of the couch, not six inches from my face is Miss Cecily, giving me an impatient, beady-eyed stare now that she has my attention. Oh, I know what this look means: "where the h*ll is MY nap, human?"

I pick her up and place her on my chest promptly, of course. She has me well trained.

1 comment:

Of Mice and Various Snakes and new Duck Feed Station

As mentioned in the previous post, our region is experiencing a near-Biblical plague of mice. "It's due to all the moisture we had...