1.05.2009

Early Review - Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28S

Using just auto-focus, no flash, nothing but click and shoot (oh, and no cropping or retouching in iPhoto), here's two photos from the new camera:

Maggie being her photogenic self:


Miss Cecily taking a rest:


Here's an action shot - again, just point & shoot, no shutter speed adjustment - which has been cropped but is otherwise unretouched:


There might be some light/color differences between PCs and Macs in viewing JPG images on web sites, depending on the monitor being used. [Don't ask me how I know that, I'm still traumatized - see this link, and scroll down to Gamma.]

Quick and dirty verdict? I adore this camera already. The detail that doesn't come across in the web/image compression is a d@mn shame, but the photos printed straight off the drive will make some wonderful prints.

Problem? @#$!! presbyopia. I have to trust the auto-focus, or else start wearing my reading glasses to view the display.

I'll post review updates as I learn to use the camera more.

7 comments:

  1. Love the geese... it looks like it could be a slo-capture shot of the same goose!
    I think we may have the same camera, but I really should try to wake-up before I declare it officially.
    Is it really Monday-back to school? feh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me too...I also like the geese action shot also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Panasonic Lumix, although am at work so not sure what kind.

    I love it... Daughter has one and does all sorts of tweaks - me, I point and shoot. Although my photos actually bear that out, sadly. ;) I really need to get off my butt and start taking some more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there a manual override on it, or is it all autofocus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @virgotex: I'll have to get back to you on that, once I read the manual. :-)

    @everyone: thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The Miss Cecily pic is certainly a keeper. I'd have that one framed and on my wall.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Of Mice and Various Snakes and new Duck Feed Station

As mentioned in the previous post, our region is experiencing a near-Biblical plague of mice. "It's due to all the moisture we had...