[Sure enough, the raised beds still stare at me forlornly every time I walk past them. I keep my eyes averted now.]
Anyhow, I picked up the insulated bag at the market, along with a bottle of another vendor's home-made peach cider (smells like Summer, seriously). Looking over the bounty, we've got:
- Rosemary - of which we have three huge bushes in the front yard (ah well!)
- First picking of asparagus - a small bunch, but since Spouse isn't here, I don't have to share.
- Green Onions (I think? They're huge!)
- Mixed lettuces, and...
- Eggs. Duck and chicken. I forgot that they also provide eggs. Oof. (or should I say, oeuf?*)
Still, a fantastic Spring selection of goodies, which now means I actually have to think of ways to USE the darn stuff. I'm thinking...
- Potato & leek soup.
- Salads (of course).
- Maybe a carrot & raisen salad?
- Onion soup?
Wow. Time to hit the internet for ideas. Or do you have any suggestions?
[*French for "egg". Bad joke, I know. Sorry 'bout that.]