8.12.2008

Gotta get a fence up!

If the background check goes okay (standard Checkpoint bullsh*t), I start graveyard shift at a server call center on Monday. In the meantime, we have GOT to get that fence finished so the pups can guard/free-roam during the night. They mostly sleep during the heat of the day anyways, so the plan is to corral them when I get home, let the geese and chickens out while I take care of their water and food needs, then hit the sack for a few hours.

The contract is for three months, and if they like my work, will bring me on as a permanent employee. By then, the sun will be setting earlier, and I'll look into getting a swing shift: late afternoon to midnight. The plan will then shift to corralling the geese and chickens and letting out the dogs before I go to work. The logic, it astounds!

Okay, too tired to try to make funny. G'nite all!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the job, the fence will be nice. I have half of mine fenced to corral the dogs. So I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @andylynne - thanks for the wishes of luck! Even if we don't have time to wire it thoroughly to the posts, if we can get it at least -standing upright- against the posts, it should be barrier enough in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete

Of Mice and Various Snakes and new Duck Feed Station

As mentioned in the previous post, our region is experiencing a near-Biblical plague of mice. "It's due to all the moisture we had...